MINNESOTA BIKE RIDE
The Annual Minnesota Crossing For a Good Cause!
Registration Opens February 1st and Closes When Full or June 1st whichever occurs first.
Please contact us at Ridemn1@gmail.com or phone (218)678-2194 with any questions.
ABOUT THE RIDE
Almost everyone’s life is touched by cancer in one way or another. Great strides have been and are being made in combating these diseases. It is the objective of RideMN1 to carry this positive message across Minnesota to provide support and hope. We conduct an annual bicycle ride across Minnesota to convey this message by providing a healthy fundraising event that is geared to the participants while involving all communities.
RideMN1 Inc. is a federally recognized 501(c)3 Non-Profit Corporation. We accept donations and our selected benefactor is the National Cancer Institute – the largest funder of cancer research in the world.
2022 Awareness & Fundraising Ride
Our Ride will begin in Pipestone beginning Sunday September 11th and end in Superior on Saturday September 17th. Our Route will cover 327 miles with 7 days of Riding. RideMN1 provides all meals and camping (with showers) as well as gear transport, SAG Support, marked Routes and Daily Maps.
We need you to help us in spreading the news – We are winning, we are biking to end cancer. Join us for a tour you will not forget!
The following Alex Elle quote exemplifies our mission – “Surround yourself with people who add value to your life. Who challenges you to be greater than you were yesterday. Who sprinkle magic into your existence, just like you do to theirs. Life isn’t meant to be done alone. Find your tribe, and journey freely and loyally together.”
RideMN1 Is A Different Bike Tour
- Looking for something different and unique – you have found us!
- RideMN1 is the ONLY bike tour that crosses Minnesota, no circles for us – we are on a mission!
RideMN1 is a non profit that does NOT require fundraising – We are an Awareness Organization.
RideMN1 provides ALL meals and hot showers – we are ALL Inclusive.
We ARE different – You will know everyone’s name, You will become a member of ‘Our Tribe’, You will be a Messenger – We are Winning, and We Will Not Stop! “
Ways to Participate
You can participate in several different ways. Our Ride is designed for the complete State Crossing but we have optional daily participation- beginning with the opening Sunday Ride from Pipestone to Russell (Camden State Park) – 36 miles.
Also, individual Riders and Guests may join us for any part of our journey – Please use our “Ala Cart /Daily Rate” form participation options.
Route & Dates
September 10th – September 17th, 2022
Pipestone – Russell – Granite Falls – New London – St. Cloud – Isle – Sandstone – Superior
ALL Route Roads are paved. The map below is an approximation.
Ride Details – 7 Day Event7 Days of Riding
- About 50 miles per day
- 7 Days of Riding
- 7 Nights Camping
- Hot Showers Every Night
- 21 Meals
- Gear and Equipment Transport
- Daily Route Maps Hardcopy and Internet
- Marked Route
- Gear and Equipment Transport
- SAG Support
- Travelling Porta Potty
Additional Ride Details
For More Information, Please Click On the Following Items
RideMN1 will provide all meals beginning with dinner the night of Saturday 10th in Pipestone – 21 meals in all.
Most meals are at local cafes and restaurants where we engage with the local communities. Usually participants ‘order off the menu’ but occasionally we will arrange a preplanned meal. We try consider diversified appetites (vegan) to the extent possible.
SAG & Gear Transport:
RideMN1 will provide SAG support by transporting broke down Riders and bicycles to the scheduled day’s ride end. We will work with those affected to repair their bikes and depending upon availability of volunteers and location, we MAY be able to call upon one of the Bike Shops in the area.
Luggage Transportation – 120 LB Limit. ‘Bags’ must be 40 LBs or less.
We encourage Riders to and, pack spare parts – like inner tubes. You will not need a tire pump as all Volunteers will have pumps for your use. With a 120 LB weight limit, Riders have the option of packing a few more ‘comforts’. Please put an ID tag/marking on all your bags. If you have any questions, please contact us
- A ‘typical waiver form is available to view. Our final waiver form will not be available until about July 2022 (when we purchase insurance). Once available, we will post it online. You may
download this waiver form and bring it to the Ride. We will have copies available and most Riders get the form at our Pre Ride Banquet, sign and give it back.
A signed Waiver Form is required. No exceptions will be permitted!
Transportation & Carpooling to the Start and End Point
Due to the one way feature of our event, we understand the logistical challenge presented to participants. We encourage interested parties to post ride-sharing request and information on our Facebook page (RideMN1). In the Past we have had participants from all parts of Minnesota as well as Iowa, Wisconsin, North Dakota, Michigan, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Nebraska, Montana and Idaho.
We will have a Very LIMITED Number of carpooling spots available. These FEW spots are usually taken during the first couple weeks of Registration. If you are interested – Do Not Delay!
Departing For: Pipestone on FRIDAY September 9th at 10 AM
22428 436th Avenue
Aitkin, MN 56431
This location is about 4 miles north of Garrison MN on the East side of US Highway #169.
(Riders will be returned here from Superior at the conclusion)
Although RideMN1 assumes no responsibility, Participants are welcome to leave their vehicles on this private property for the event duration.
At the Ride’s conclusion, we will transport those same participants from Superior back to their vehicles.
We will ask as $25 donation to help offset gas expenses.
- RIDERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR OWN SAFETY. This is a road ride with a significant portion being on roads with little or no paved shoulder. Helmets, tail lights and mirrors are required (headlights are recommended).
June 1st – September 1st – cancellation Fee = $ 200.00
After September 1st No Refund
Please note; Trip Insurance is available from numerous sources via the internet.
Sightseeing & Points of Interest:
- Registration closes June 1st or when full (20 Rider Limit)
- RideMN1 will provide 21 meals and 7 nights tent camping sites with showers for each Rider. Riders may choose other accommodations (motel, RV, other) and other dining options, but no Entry Fee reduction will be made.
- We will transport up to 120 lbs. of gear per Rider (limit gag weight to 40 lbs.).
- Route Markers will be placed to provide guidance and Daily Route Maps will be provided.
- Riders must provide their own transportation to the starting point in Pipestone as well as at the conclusion in Superior.
- RideMN1 has a few ‘carpooling’ spots available – these will fill early – do not delay if you are interested. Please see the “Carpooling” bullet/dropdown and watch our Facebook postings.
- A signed waiver form at the event start is required. We will have copies available at the start.
- Individual daily participation is encouraged. We have set fees to accommodate all Participants. Please click on the button below to see our Ala Carte options.
- We need Volunteers. You will need your own vehicle to traverse the route and you will eat and camp as Riders. Our Board Members are active Volunteers and will provide guidance for you.
For more information please contact RideMN1 directly at
email@example.com or (218) 678-2194.
RideMN1 Inc. (Tax ID# 81-2789808) benefits several organizations dedicated to developing cures for cancer each of which is a nonprofit, public benefit corporation recognized as tax exempt under IRS Code 501(c)(3). Donations to RideMN1 are deductible for income tax purposes, to the extent permitted by law.
RideMN1 is a Member of the Minnesota Council of Non Profits and the League of American Bicyclists, and KAXE Radio.