MINNESOTA BIKE RIDE
The Annual Minnesota Crossing For a Good Cause!
Registration OPENS February 1st – Registration CLOSES June 1st or when full
Please contact us at Ridemn1@gmail.com or phone (218)678-2194 with any questions.
ABOUT THE RIDE
Almost everyone’s life is touched by cancer in one way or another. Great strides have been and are being made in combating these diseases. It is the objective of RideMN1 to carry this positive message across Minnesota to provide support and hope. We conduct an annual bicycle ride across Minnesota to convey this message by providing a healthy fundraising event that is geared to the participants while involving all communities.
RideMN1 Inc. is a federally recognized 501(c)3 Non-Profit Corporation. We accept donations and our selected benefactor is the National Cancer Institute – the largest funder of cancer research in the world.
2021 Awareness & Fundraising Ride
Our Ride will begin in East Grand Forks, Minnesota beginning Sunday, September 12th and end In French River on Saturday September 18th. Our Route will cover 343 miles with 7 days of Riding. RideMN1 provides all meals/snacks and camping (with hot showers) as well as gear transport and SAG Support.
We need you to help us in spreading the news – We are winning, we are biking to end cancer. Join us for a tour you will not forget!
The following Alex Elle quote exemplifies our mission – “Surround yourself with people who add value to your life. Who challenges you to be greater than you were yesterday. Who sprinkle magic into your existence, just like you do to theirs. Life isn’t meant to be done alone. Find your tribe, and journey freely and loyally together.”
RideMN1 Is A Different Bike Tour
- Looking for something different and unique – you have found us!
- RideMN1 is the ONLY bike tour that crosses Minnesota, no circles for us – we are on a mission!
RideMN1 is a non profit that does NOT require fundraising – We are an Awareness Organization.
RideMN1 provides ALL meals and hot showers – we are ALL Inclusive.
We ARE different – You will know everyone’s name, You will become a member of ‘Our Tribe’, You will be a Messenger – We are Winning, and We Will Not Stop! “
Ways to Participate
You can participate in several different ways. Our Ride is designed for the complete State Crossing but we have optional daily participation – beginning with the opening Sunday Ride from East Grand Forks to Crookston or Red Lake Falls – 29 or 50 miles.
Also, individual Riders and Guests may join us for any part of our journey – Please use our “Ala Cart /Daily Rate” form participation options.
Route & Dates
September 12th – September 18th, 2021
East Grand Forks/Red Lake Falls/Clearbrook/Blackduck/Federal Dam/Grand Rapids/Culver/French River
Specific Route Details will be available (and downloadable) in June. We prefer County Roads – ALL Route Roads are paved. The map below is an approximation.
Ride Details – 7 Day Event7 Days of Riding
- About 50 miles per day
- 7 Days of Riding
- 7 Nights Camping
- Hot Showers Every Night
- 22 Meals
- All snacks and Beverages
- Gear and Equipment Transport
- Daily Route Maps Hardcopy and Internet
- Marked Route
- Gear and Equipment Transport
- SAG Support
- Travelling Porta Potty
Additional Ride Details
For More Information, Please Click On the Following Items
RideMN1 will provide all meals beginning with dinner the night of Saturday September 11th in East Grand Forks – 22 meals in all.
Most meals are at local cafes and restaurants where we engage with the local communities. Usually participants ‘order off the menu’ but occasionally we will arrange a preplanned meal. We try consider diversified appetites (vegan) to the extent possible. Some meals will be prepared by RideMN1 where logistics require so.
On the road fruit, snacks, and beverages are also included.
SAG & Gear Transport:
RideMN1 will provide SAG support by transporting broke down Riders and bicycles to the scheduled day’s ride end. We will work with those affected to repair their bikes and depending upon availability of volunteers and location, we MAY be able to call upon one of the Bike Shops in the area.
Luggage Transportation – 120 LB Limit – (40 LB per ‘bag’)
We encourage Riders to pack spare parts – tires, tubes, pedals, chains, etc.
With a 120 LB weight limit, Riders have the option of packing a few more ‘comforts’ – thick air mattresses and electric pumps. Some Riders pack fans and heaters for those occasional warmer/cooler nights when we have access to electricity. In most cases, we will have AC power available to all participant campsites!
Waiver Form with Medical Information:
- A signed Waiver Form is required. No exceptions will be permitted!
Transportation & Carpooling to the Start and End Point
Due to the one way feature of our event, we understand the logistical challenge presented to participants. We encourage interested parties to post ride-sharing request and information on our Facebook page (RideMN1). In the Past we have had participants from all parts of Minnesota as well as Iowa, Wisconsin, North Dakota, Michigan, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Nebraska, Montana and Idaho.
We will have a Very LIMITED Number of carpooling spots available. These FEW spots are usually taken during the first couple weeks of Registration. If you are interested – Do Not Delay!
Departing For: EAST GRAND FORKS on Saturday September 11th – at 9 AM
Departing From: 22428 436th Avenue
Aitkin, MN 56431
This location is about 4 miles north of Garrison MN on the East side of US Highway #169.
(Riders will be returned here from French River at the conclusion)
Although RideMN1 assumes no responsibility, Participants are welcome to leave their vehicles on this private property for the event duration.
At the Ride’s conclusion, we will transport those same participants from French River back to their vehicles.
We will ask as $25 donation to help offset gas expenses.
- RIDERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR OWN SAFETY. This is a road ride with a significant portion being on roads with little or no paved shoulder. Helmets, tail lights and mirrors are required (headlights are recommended).
August 1st or later, no refund – UNLESS – “Registration Closes May 31, 2021. In order to appropriately plan our Minnesota Crossing we need to have a relatively firm number of those Participating 90 days before the Ride. After registration “closes”, and if you need to cancel, we will try backfill your spot from our “waiting list”. IF we are able to fill your spot after Registration Closes, we will issue a 90% Refund.”
Please note, Trip Insurance is available from numerous sources via the internet.
Sightseeing & Points of Interest:
All along the route, enjoy the views of many lakes we will pass by.
Each day we will identify various sights and photo ops along the route.
EGF – 15 Screen Theater
EGF – Cabela’s
GF – AFB 12 miles w of GF Airplanes and missiles on walking path outside AFB gate
GF – Giant Bra Sculpture
Crookston – Oxcart Statute
Crookston Sugar Beet – Festival SAT 9/11/21
Crookston – Sugar Beet Museum
Red Lake Falls – Museum
Red Lake Falls – Historic County Courthouse
Red Lake Falls – Local Bike Trails
Clearbrook – Baseball Museum – See the Home of the First person to be on the Cover of Sports Illustrated.
Blackduck – World’s Largest Black Duck Statue – 3 Large Duck Statues and Murals
Bena – Giant Fish
Federal Dam – Leech Lake Dam & Rec Area
Grand Rapids – Forest History Museum
Grand Rapids – Judy Garland Museum
Grand Rapids – Itasca County Museum
Culver – Cloquet River Basin
French River – 7 Bridges Road
- Registration Closes May 31, 2021. In order to appropriately plan our Minnesota Crossing we need to have a relatively firm number of those Participating 90 days before the Ride. After registration ‘closes’, and if you need to cancel, we will try backfill your spot from our ‘waiting list’. If we are unable to backfill your spot, fees per Cancellation Information (abve) will apply.
- RideMN1 will provide 22 meals and 7 nights (including pre ride dinner and camping) tenting facilities (with hot showers) for each Rider. Riders may choose other accommodations (motel, RV, other) and other dining facilities, but no Entry Fee reduction will be made.
- We will transport up to 120 lbs per Rider (Bring the thick air mattress – we will have electricity every night too!).
- Route Markers will be placed to provide guidance and Daily Route Maps will be provided.
- Riders must provide their own transportation to the starting point in East Grand Forks as well as at the conclusion in French River.
- RideMN1 will assist in carpooling – please see the “Carpooling” ‘bullet/dropdown and watch our Facebook postings.
- A signed waiver form at the event start is required. To expedite check-in, please download the attached form, read and sign – we will have extra copies available at check-in.
- Individual daily participation is encouraged. We have set fees to accommodate all participants. Please click the button below to see our ALa Carte options.
- We need Volunteers and offer a reduced fee. You will need your own vehicle to traverse the route and you will eat and camp as the Riders. Please checkout out volunteer section below.
Register and pay for the full ride.
Register and pay for individual/multiple days.
All riders need a signed waiver!
For more information please contact RideMN1 directly at
email@example.com or (218) 678-2194.
RideMN1 Inc. (Tax ID# 81-2789808) benefits several organizations dedicated to developing cures for cancer each of which is a nonprofit, public benefit corporation recognized as tax exempt under IRS Code 501(c)(3). Donations to RideMN1 are deductible for income tax purposes, to the extent permitted by law.
We appreciate all those who give their time to our event. You will have a great time and we thank you for your commitment to help making our event a success. We couldn’t do it without you!
We need volunteer support to conduct a successful event. RideMN1 offers a substantial discount from the participation fee for Volunteers.
* All volunteers are required to have their own vehicle to traverse the complete route. *
Volunteers will camp, dine and snack with the participants.
Please contact RideMN1 at Ridemn1@gmail.com or (218) 678-2194 if you are interested in volunteering.
Volunteer registration is completed online below.