MINNESOTA BIKE RIDE
The Annual Minnesota Crossing For a Good Cause!
We may have been delayed, but we will be back!
We will finalize 2021 Dates and Route in October
We Are Biking To End Cancer
Please Contact Us a Ridemn1@gmail.com or phone (218)678-2194 with any questions.
ABOUT THE RIDE
Almost everyone’s life is touched by cancer in one way or another. Great strides have been and are being made in combating these diseases. It is the objective of RideMN1 to carry this positive message across Minnesota to provide support and hope. We conduct an annual bicycle ride across Minnesota to convey this message by providing a healthy fundraising event that is geared to the participants while involving all communities.
RideMN1 Inc. is a federally recognized 501(c)3 Non-Profit Corporation. We accept donations and our selected benefactor is the National Cancer Institute – the largest funder of cancer research in the world.
2020 Awareness & Fundraising Ride
This year’s ride will begin Breckenridge MN and traverse a route to Hinckley/St. Croix State Park. The ride will begin Saturday, September 12th and ends Friday, September 18th. Our route will traverse about 289/302 miles over 6 days. RideMN1 provides all meals and camping (with hot showers) as well as gear transport and SAG support.
We need you to help us in spreading the news – We are winning, we are biking to end cancer. Join us for a tour you will not forget!
The following Alex Elle quote exemplifies our mission – “Surround yourself with people who add value to your life. Who challenges you to be greater than you were yesterday. Who sprinkle magic into your existence, just like you do to theirs. Life isn’t meant to be done alone. Find your tribe, and journey freely and loyally together.”
RideMN1 is a different bike tour
- FOR 2020 RideMN1 IS PLANNING TO TRANSPORT RIDERS AND THEIR BIKES ACCROSS LAKE MILLE LACS as part of the last day’s journey. Looking for something different and unique – you have found us!
- RideMN1 is the ONLY bike tour that crosses Minnesota, no circles for us – we are on a mission!
RideMN1 is a non profit that does NOT require fundraising – We are an Awareness Organization.
RideMN1 provides ALL meals and hot showers – we are ALL Inclusive.
We ARE different – You will know everyone’s name, You will become a member of ‘Our Tribe’, You will be a Messenger – We are Winning, and We Will Not Stop! “
Ways to Participate
You can participate in several different ways. Our Ride is designed for the complete State Crossing but we have optional daily participation – beginning with the Opening Sunday Ride from Breckenridge to Pelican Rapids – 43 miles.
Also, individual Riders and Guests may join us for any part of our journey – Please use our “Ala Cart /Daily Rate” form participation options.
Route & Dates
September 12th, 2020 – September 18th, 2020
Breckenridge/Pelican Rapids/Wadena/Crosslake/Aitkin/Kathio State Park/Hinckley or St. Croix State Park
Ride Details – 6 Day Event6 Days of Riding
- About 50 – 60 miles per day
- 6 Days of Riding
- 6 Nights Camping
- Hot Showers Every Night
- 19 Meals
- Gear and Equipment Transport
- SAG Support
- Travelling Porta Potty
Additional Ride Details
For More Information, Please Click On the Following Items
RideMN1 will provide all meals beginning with dinner the night of Saturday September 12th in Breckenridge – 19 meals in all.
Most meals are at local cafes and restaurants where we engage with the local communities. Usually participants ‘order off the menu’ but occasionally we will arrange a preplanned meal. We try consider diversified appetites (vegan) to the extent possible. Some meals will be prepared by RideMN1 where logistics require so.
On the road fruit, snacks, and beverages are also included.
SAG & Gear Transport:
RideMN1 will provide SAG support by transporting broke down Riders and bicycles to the scheduled day’s ride end. We will work with those affected to repair their bikes and depending upon availability of volunteers and location, we MAY be able to call upon one of the Bike Shops in the area.
Luggage Transportation – 120 LB Limit – (40 LB per ‘bag’)
We encourage Riders to pack spare parts – tires, tubes, pedals, chains, etc.
With a 120 LB weight limit, Riders have the option of packing a few more ‘comforts’ – thick air mattresses and electric pumps. Some Riders pack fans and heaters for those occasional warmer/cooler nights when we have access to electricity. In most cases, we will have AC power available to all participant campsites!
Waiver Form with Medical Information:
- A signed Waiver Form is required. No exceptions will be permitted!
Transportation & Carpooling to the Start and End Point
Due to the one way feature of our event, we understand the logistical challenge presented to participants. We encourage interested parties to post ride-sharing request and information on our Facebook page (RideMN1). In the past we have had participants from all parts of Minnesota (many from the Twin Cities area) as well as Iowa, Wisconsin, Montana and Idaho.
We will have a couple volunteers that may be able to transport Riders, bikes and gear
We will have a couple volunteers that may be able to transport Riders, bikes and gear
FROM BRECKENRIDGE MN ON SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 12th – LEAVING AT 9 AM
22428 436th Avenue
Aitkin MN 56431
This location is about 4 miles north of Garrison MN on the east side of US Highway #169
(Riders will be returned here from Hinckley/St.Croix State Park at the conclusion)
Although RideMN1 assumes no responsibility, participants are welcome to leave their vehicles on this private property for the event duration.
At the Ride’s conclusion, we will transport those same participants from Hinckley/St.Croix State Park back to their vehicles.
We will ask for a $25 donation to help offset gas expenses.
- RIDERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR OWN SAFETY. This is a road ride with a significant portion being on roads with little or no paved shoulder. Helmets, tail lights and mirrors are required (headlights are recommended).
Sightseeing & Points of Interest:
All along the route, enjoy the views of many lakes we will pass by.
Each day we will identify various sights and photo ops along the route.
- Breckenridge – Headwaters of the Red River Monument, Wilkins County Museum and Fall Festival
- Wahpeton – Chahinkapa Zoo and Sculpture Garden, Red Door Gallery and the Worlds Largest Catfish
- Rothsay – Giant Chicken
- Pelican Rapids – Pelican Statues
- Ottertail Scenic Byway – bring your camera!
- Wadena – “Murals of Minnesota’, Wadena County Museum, Northern Pacific Railroad Depot
- Pequot Lakes – Murals and many Babe the Blue Ox Statues in the area
- Crosslake – Army Corps of Engineering Dam and Recreation Area and Train Museum (open just for us!)
- Aitkin – Aitkin County Museum and Jacques Art Center
- Garrison – Giant Walleye
- Vineland – Mille Lacs Native American Museum
- Lake Mille Lacs Crossing – We will be transporting Riders from Vineland to Isle via Launches across Lake Mille Lacs
- Hinckley – Hinckley Museum and Great Hinckley Fire State Monument
- St. Croix State Park – Kettle River and St. Croix confluence
- RideMN1 will provide 19 meals and 6 nights (including pre ride dinner and camping) tenting facilities (with hot showers) for each Rider. Riders may choose other accommodations (motel, RV, other) and other dining facilities, but no Entry Fee reduction will be made.
- We will transport up to 120 lbs per Rider (Bring the thick air mattress – we will have electricity every night too!).
- Route Markers will be placed to provide guidance and Daily Route Maps will be provided.
- Riders must provide their own transportation to the starting point in Breckridge as well as at the conclusion in Hinkley.
- RideMN1 will assist in carpooling – please see the “Carpooling” ‘bullet/dropdown and watch our Facebook postings.
- A signed waiver form at the event start is required. To expedite check-in, please download the attached form, read and sign – we will have extra copies available at check-in.
- Individual daily participation is encouraged. We have set fees to accommodate all participants.
- We need Volunteers and offer a reduced fee. You will need your own vehicle to traverse the route and you will eat and camp as the Riders. Please checkout out volunteer section below.
All riders need a signed waiver!
For more information please contact RideMN1 directly at
email@example.com or (218) 678-2194.
RideMN1 Inc. (Tax ID# 81-2789808) benefits several organizations dedicated to developing cures for cancer each of which is a nonprofit, public benefit corporation recognized as tax exempt under IRS Code 501(c)(3). Donations to RideMN1 are deductible for income tax purposes, to the extent permitted by law.
We appreciate all those who give their time to our event. You will have a great time and we thank you for your commitment to help making our event a success. We couldn’t do it without you!
We need volunteer support to conduct a successful event. RideMN1 offers a substantial discount from the participation fee for Volunteers.
* All volunteers are required to have their own vehicle to traverse the complete route. *
Volunteers will camp, dine and snack with the participants.
Please contact RideMN1 at Ridemn1@gmail.com or (218) 678-2194 if you are interested in volunteering.
Volunteer registration is completed online below.